7 Essential Tips For Taking Care Of Your Dog
1. If you do not have a dog yet, consider the area where your dog can exercise. If you have a big yard where you could exercise or play with your dog, you might want to get a large dog such as a German Shepherd, Labrador, or Golden Retriever. If you have a smaller space, get a smaller dog like a Terrier or Dachshund. These types of dogs need little exercise compared with the larger dogs.
2. You also need to consider your dog if there are children in your house. Some dogs like Pit bulls and Dalmatians sometimes get to be temperamental.
3. It is important that you groom your dog. A regular groom is recommended. Dogs ears should be cleaned, with the wax and dirt removed every week. Ear cleaning also helps you detect presence of ear mites or infections. The dog should be bathed weekly with warm water and dog shampoo.
4. It is also recommended that you brush your dog at least once a week.
5. After grooming your pet, do take it to a veterinarian to get its anti-rabies shots and over-all check up.
6. A diet that is balanced and nutritious is recommended for your dog. Contrary to what many people think, dogs do not just eat meat. They also need carbohydrates. A diet consisting of 50 percent of protein or meat and 50 percent of carbohydrates is the preferred diet for dogs.
7. As implied earlier, dogs need some amount exercise. Aside from their health, dogs exercising will prevent them from retrieving and chasing, digging, and chewing on various things. Exercises depend on your dogs sex, age, and health level. A dog likes to jog, fetch, and race-walk a lot. One warning however, start slow in exercising your dog. Unfortunately, some dogs enjoy themselves so much when they do these exercises. They do not know when to stop it.
Having a dog to last you for a long time does not end with just owning one. You have to take care of it. Although that may be hard work, it would also bring you fun and enjoyment when you see that your dog is healthy and loves you. Having a pet dog of your own is a pleasurable experience.
Want more great articles of how to take care of your pet? Subscribe to our newsletter today! On top.....! Once you subscribe our newsletter you receive a great coupon of 20% discount for your next purchase!